Good Morning Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you safe and well. I have a short update for you this morning, please see below.
- Our students came back with excitement and settled in to our new protocols. While an adjustment period is needed, we are working hard to explain the reasoning behind the procedural masks, providing much needed mask breaks and finding a rhythm/routine to our new reality. Overall, our students did an amazing job on Monday and I am so proud of their resilience!
- A reminder that all staff and students from grade 1-6 are wearing procedural masks on school grounds, this includes outside as well.
- It is recommended that when a parent/guardian is on school grounds that they are wearing a face covering or mask as well.
- Popcorn is BACK! We will be selling popcorn on Wednesday, May 19th during lunch.
- Getting Organized: The Key to School Success
- Please find attached the School Success memo detailing the free webinar!
- Deborah MacNamara is back! Eardley is pleased to announce the next session in free webinars on May 19th at 6:30pm. The session is entitled Making Sense of Anxiety and will take an in depth look at anxiety in youth.
- The link to the webinar can be found in the attachment.
- Starting Monday, May 17th the City of Gatineau will be designated as a Red Zone. We will be moving out of a Red Zone with Special Measures. Please find attached a correspondence from George Singfield, our Secretary General.
- This has no real implication for our elementary students – our protocols and measures remain status quo.
As always, I am available should you have any questions or concerns.
Please enjoy the sunshine,