Good Morning Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you all enjoying the gorgeous weather. Please see the update below.
Kindergarten 2022-2023 Open House
- A reminder to all parents/guardians of children starting Kindergarten (four or five-year-old) that our Open House is fast approaching.
- The Open House is scheduled for May 20th from 10:00am – 11:30am
- Please report to the front entrance and a welcome table will be ready and waiting to greet you!
- The Open House will consist of inquiry based activities for your child to explore, along with a school tour. Don’t worry, for all parent(s) and guardian(s) we will close out our Open House with an information session led by our Transition Agent, Andrea Shattler.
- The Open House is for both the parent/guardian and student! All parents/guardians are encouraged and recommended to bring their child with them on the day.
May 20th, 2022 – PD Day
- May 20th is a PD Day for Eardley Elementary, there will be no classes.
- Daycare remains open from 7:00am – 5:00pm; the deadline for registration is end of day today – May 13th, 2022.
Mandatory Mask Protocol
- Please find attached the communication from George Singfield, our Secretary General regarding the updated mask mandate.
- What does this mean?
- As of Monday, May 16th masks are no longer required for both staff and students in the school setting. This includes school transportation.
- Masks will still be available and provided for anyone who would like to continue to wear one.
- For our younger students’ parents/guardians – if you wish for your child to still wear a mask while in the school setting, please send your child’s homeroom teacher an email indicating so. We will do our best to ensure your child is wearing a mask.
- As it stands right now, all other Covid-19 protocols remain – i.e. rapid testing with consent, isolation room, monitoring of symptoms etc.
- A reminder that the following link https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus provides up to date information on all information pertaining to Covid-19 in Quebec.
Bill 96 Rally
- Please find attached a letter from your Governing Board Chair, Tanya McCormick regarding Bill 96.
- Please also find attached a flyer on behalf of EPCA – Provincial Anglophone Parents’ Committee.
2022 Outdoor Spring Market
- Our Home and School will be holding an outdoor market on June 11th, 2022 *rain date of June 12th.
- You are cordially invited to walk around, support local vendors and have some good old fashioned family fun!
- A concession stand and music will be ready and waiting for you.
- If you are interested in renting a spot and selling your local goods please contact Home and School directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org deadline of June 1st to register.
- For any questions or inquiries, please contact Home and School directly.
As always, I remain available should you have any questions or concerns.
Please enjoy the weekend ahead. I hope you all get the opportunity to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.