Good Morning Eardley Community,
I hope you all enjoyed the gorgeous weather this weekend. Definitely a nice way to relax and restore. Please see an important update below.
- Calling all Cycle 3.2 (grade 6) parent(s)/guardian(s) please see the attached Grad Memo detailing our big plans to celebrate our grade 6’s! We look forward to honoring their hard work and sending them off in style!
- This Friday, May 21st is a PD Day and therefore, there will be no school.
- The daycare is open and operating.
- New date for our popcorn fundraiser is Thursday, May 20th.
- Please see the attached flyer.
Strike – Wednesday May 19th, 2021
- On Wednesday, May 19th all Western Quebec Schools and Centres will be closed due to a strike action. The Professional Union (educational consultants, psychologists, speech and language pathologists etc.) will be striking on May 19th until 12:00pm. Due to this, the Western Quebec School Board will be closing all schools and centres.
How will this impact my child?
- The school and school daycare will be closed for the entire day on May 19th, 2021.
- ALL AM classes will be canceled.
- ALL PM classes will be held virtually.
- Eardley Elementary will be following our regular PM schedule for May 19th, 2021 – the schedule will be taught remotely through our Teams platform.
- Virtual classes will start at 12:10pm – i.e. right after our regularly scheduled lunch hour.
- Each parent/guardian will receive their May 19th PM virtual schedule by Monday, May 17th.
- PM Recess/Snack will be maintained within the virtual schedule.
- The virtual school day will end at 2:30pm – the same as any other day.
- All necessary materials for the virtual lessons will be sent home with each child on May 18th, 2021.
- Technology will not be lent out for the afternoon of May 19th. If your child does not have access to technology, a prepared supplementary package will be sent home on May18th, 2021.
As always, I am available should you have any questions or concerns.
Please take care, enjoy the sun and have a great start to your week.