Good Afternoon Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you enjoying the Fall weather. I have an important update for you today, please see below and attached.
Halloween @ Eardley
- Please see the attached Memo detailing all of the fun activities we have planned for Halloween this year.
- A small note – costumes are NOT to be worn tomorrow to school – only to the school dance from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
Grad Popcorn Fundraiser
- Please see the attached flyer – ‘Fundraiser Flyer October’
- When: Monday, October 31st
- What: Grade 6 Popcorn Fundraiser
- How: Grad committee will visit all the classrooms during lunch in order to sell popcorn, no pre-ordering this year. Students will be able to choose between Dill and Butter popcorn flavours. Popcorn will cost $2.50, exact change is appreciated!
- The grade 6 graduating class thanks you for all your support!!
Reminder – 2022-2023 Consent Forms
- In previous years, the WQSB has asked for consent in three areas – publication, internet usage and releasing information to Centre Intégré de santé de Service Sociaux.
- In previous years this has been completed on the Mozaik Portal; unfortunately, this year the options were not available through the portal for you as the parent/guardian to consent.
- Therefore, the attached form has been sent home as a hard copy.
- We ask that you take the time to review the consent form and return it to the school by Monday October 24th, 2022.
- This will ensure the continuation of services and allow the school to respect each parent/guardian’s consent based upon the three categories.
Reminder – School Travel Plan
- Eardley Elementary School is involved in the development of a School Travel Plan (plan de déplacements scolaire) by MOBI-O and the City of Gatineau.
- This project aims to improve the management of travels around the school, and to improve safety, with a focus on active travels (on foot, by bike, etc.) between home and school.
- Your answers as a parent/guardian are particularly important throughout this process.
- If you wish to participate, the survey is accessible at the following link: https://mobi-o.limesurvey.net/996213?lang=en
Reminder – Community Engagement
- This year Eardley Elementary has received new provincial funding to have a Community Learning Centre (CLC).
- The Community Learning Centre (CLC) approach is the creation and promotion of partnerships which provide a range of services and activities, during and after the school day, to help meet the needs of our learners, their families and the wider community. The aim is to support the holistic development of our students, families and communities.
- In order to understand and meet the needs of our learners we need to hear from you – the parents & guardians. We are asking for you to participate in this short (five minute) survey to better understand the needs of our community
- SURVEY LINK – https://forms.office.com/r/mTFNBiM6Qa
Reminder – Halloween Dance
- A reminder that our Halloween Dance is next Friday, October 21st from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
- A parent/guardian must accompany any student(s) attending the dance for the duration of the dance.
- Siblings are encouraged to attend (that includes previous students who have graduated).
- Concession stand will be available.
- We can’t wait to see your Halloween costumes!
As always, I remain available should you have any questions or concerns.
Please enjoy your evening and I hope to see you tomorrow at the dance,