Good Afternoon Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you safe and staying cool. I have another important update based upon a press conference held earlier this afternoon by Premier Legault.
Updated Covid-19 Measures –
see the attached letter from Mike Dubeau, our Director General detailing the
changes to our processes and protocol. Please note that these updates are sent
from the Ministry of Education alongside consultation with Public Health.
Eardley Elementary will continue to follow the guidelines set by Public Health
and the Ministry.
- COVID-19 Alert Level
- Outaouais will be moving from Orange alert level to Yellow effective Monday, June 14.
- Masks for students – effective June 8
- Kindergarten are not required to wear masks at any time.
- Grades 1-4 students not required to wear masks at any time.
- Grades 5-6 students are not required to wear masks in class nor outside. They are required to wear masks inside the school in common areas and on the school bus. Procedural masks will be provided for grade 5 & 6 students.
- Masks for Staff – effective June 14
- Staff are not required to wear a mask as long as they maintain 2-meter physical distance from other students and staff.
- *For all mask directives, if a student or staff wishes to wear a mask in class, outside or at any time while at school they are permitted to do so.
- Graduation Ceremony
- The handing out of diplomas can happen during the school day, after school or on a weekend.
- Parents can now attend the graduation ceremony.
- A maximum of 250 people may attend the ceremony with more information to come on sanitary measures. (i.e. masks and physical distancing rules)
- *Please note that this information was just released this afternoon and the school staff will consult the new measures and adjust our graduation ceremony to the best of our ability given the short timeframe afforded. Please stay tuned for updated information on our graduation ceremony by the end of the week.
- COVID-19 Alert Level
I continue to be impressed by our staff and students’ ability to adapt and remain positive. While I understand that this is new information for many, we will continue to put the health and safety of our community at the forefront of everything we do. I want to thank you for your continued support.
I am available should you have any questions or concerns.
Please take care,