Good Afternoon Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you well. I have an important update for our community today.
Planning & Training Days
- As noted in a previous update, the Ministry of Education has allotted three additional planning and training days to the school calendar. Attached, you will find our updated school calendar for your review.
- The additional days are: November 30th, December 11th and April 23rd.
- Please note that the school will be closed and these days are similar to a PD Day.
- Why? To promote conditions conducive to the deployment of distance education services, if necessary; to facilitate the sharing of best practices; and to enable school teams to better plan for the months ahead.
- Daycare Services
during on Nov 30th, Dec 11th and April 23rd.
- Daycare will be free to students who were registered before the September 30th deadline.
- Registration will only be open to students who were registered before the September 30th deadline. The deadline for registration is November 20th @ 3:00pm for daycare services on November 30th.
- *If additional space is available for students who did not register before the September 30th deadline, we will send an additional communication. However, if space is available the parent/guardian will be charged the regular rate for a PD Day*
- Term 1 End Date
- Our Term 1 Report Card date has shifted again. I sincerely apologize for the additional change, as there was a misinterpretation of Ministry documents. The first term report card is to be issued in January and not before. Therefore, our Term 1 report cards will be available on the portal January 22nd.
- Term 1 will end January 8th, 2020.
- Our Family Teacher Meetings scheduled for November and March are still occurring as touch base with parents/guardians to discuss progress (both academically and socially-emotionally). Please see the attached memo.
- School Fees
- Our school fees have been approved by both our Governing Board and School Board. Please find attached the breakdown of school fees.
- We have been directed by the School Board to only start accepting school fee payments in January 2021. Therefore, this is just an FYI to be prepared once the invoices are sent out.
- Please note that our Governing Board and the school is aware that there has been a dramatic increase in our supervision fee this year. The reason for this is due to an increase in supervision due to Covid-19. Additionally, our Governing Board has voted to offset the total supervision cost and is only charging a portion of the total fee.
- Daycare Services
- We have received enough registrations for the November 27th PD Day and therefore, our Daycare will be open and running.
- Please note that the deadline to register is today – November 13th, 2020
- Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- Please note that our protocol has not changed from the beginning of the year. We are asking for parent(s)/guardian(s) to park on the surrounding streets and walk their children on to school property. This is for safety and security, as we have line-ups for walkers and drop-off and we have had close calls with multiple vehicles driving onto school property. We thank you for your understanding and patience.
- Daycare parent(s) & guardian(s) are to drive through the bus lane and drop off at the front door.
- We are currently looking at our practices as we enter into the Winter season and will send an update on practices and protocol as they become available
- Late Drop-Off and Early Pick-Up
- We kindly ask that students are not dropped off after 8:15am or picked up early before our end of day at 2:30pm.
- Why? We have to keep track of every student who is in our building on a daily basis in the event that we have to conduct contact tracing for Public Health. Therefore, with multiple ins and outs, this poses the opportunity for error and creates an abundance of volume in the front office.
- Possible Winter Shut Down
- As many of you may have read or heard, it has been reported that Mr. Legault and Mr. Roberge are looking into the possibility of an extended Winter Break or March Break. Please note that this is not confirmed and I have no additional information regarding what is being reported in the media. As soon as more information becomes available, I will share with our community.
As always, if you have any questions, comments, feedback or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. I understand that this ever evolving situation is challenging and brings forward frustration. We will continue to work together as a united community to focus on the well-being, safety and success of our students and staff here at Eardley. Remember to take time for yourselves; this is more important than ever these days.
All the best,