Good Morning Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you all well. We are getting closer and closer to another school year. The Eardley team is eager to see our students’ smiling faces and are working hard to get everything organized for the first day of school. I wanted to send a general communication, as I have received multiple inquiries on the first day of school, supply lists, daycare, Covid-19 and transportation. Please see below for important information.
Eardley Teaching Staff 2022-2023
K-4 Heather Wilfong
K-4 Nancy Cloutier
K-5 English: Josie Sabourin & Carm Reino
K-5 French Immersion: Heidi Plesz
French Immersion Program
Physical Education Team
French as a Second Language
- Please note that Stephanie Lelievre is no longer our Office Agent. We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to replace her. In the meantime, Jenna Robertson will be helping with the front office. For all inquiries regarding transportation, school supplies, mozaik parent/guardian portal, school fees, school medication/allergies and/or Covid-19 protocol please contact Jenna Robertson directly at email@example.com
Eardley Calendar 2022-2023
- Please find attached the Eardley Calendar.
- First day of School is August
30th, 2022 for Cycle 1 to Cycle 3.
- Please note that your child’s homeroom teacher will contact you by Monday, August 29th to discuss the first day details and outside meeting spot.
- To make the first days of school a bit easier on everyone, we will allow parent(s)/guardian(s) to escort their child and stay in the school yard for the first 20 minutes of school. Each homeroom will be assigned a specific area in the back of our school yard. This information will be released when your child’s homeroom teacher calls next week. This way, you can meet your child’s teacher and say hello for a few minutes and then say goodbye to your child. Parent(s)/guardian(s) will not be allowed in the school. We will be out in the yard at 7:45am.
- For all kindergarten groups: K4 and K5, the schedule was mailed to you in mid-August, which includes your child’s specific schedule:
- Tuesday, August 30: meeting with teachers – by appointment – parent/guardian AND child are encouraged to attend.
- Wednesday, August 31: one half of each of the Kindergarten classes will attend the full day (date identified in the mailed letter)
- Thursday, September 1: the other half of each of the Kindergarten classes will attend the full day (date identified in the mailed letter)
- Friday, September 2: all kindergarten students are at school
- If you have any questions concerning the staggered start, please contact Kim Teske at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the most recent return to school plan from the Ministry and Public Health:
- https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus – general information (symptoms, isolation period etc.).
- https://www.quebec.ca/en/education/guidelines-education-covid – education specific information.
- Highlights –
- Procedural masks are no longer required to be worn by any grade level or staff.
- WQSB will still provide masks to those who wish to wear them. *Kindergarten & Cycle 1 parents/guardians – if you wish for your child to wear a mask, please discuss this with your child’s homeroom teacher to help us in preparation and planning*
- A ONE TIME at home rapid testing kit will be sent home with ALL students at the beginning of the school year. Once we have received our kits and they have been distributed, a communication will be sent home.
- Rapid Testing at school will still occur – consent
from parent/guardian is mandatory for a rapid testing.
- Consent forms will be sent home during the first week. If you would like to give permission, please fill out and return. Consent will be valid for the entirety of the 22-23 school year.
- Protocol will be as follows:
- Child displays symptoms
- Child assessed and sent to the office (no isolation room).
- Front office will call parent/guardian for pick-up & CONSENT for rapid testing (we will always confirm consent, even with the returned consent form on file).
- Child goes home (not siblings) and are monitored. If symptoms disappear, they may return the next school day. *Exception, your child must be fever free without the aid of medication for 24 hours*
Bussing Information & Portal
For all new families and students: Please set up your Mozaik Portal Account. You will need your child’s permanent code, so please contact Jenna Robertson at email@example.com or 819-684-5955 if you do not have it accessible. The guide to set up your account is attached to this e-mail. Please use the e-mail address that you have provided to the school in order to link your account.
All Transportation Families
- Bussing contracts are still in ongoing negotiations.
- We will be receiving updated information early this week.
- If not successful, a drop-off and pick-up contingency plan will be organized and communicated before the start of school.
- If successful – bussing information will only be accessible through the Mozaik Portal and will be available on the portal on August 25.
- If you have not already informed the school of your child(ren)’s end of day routine, please contact Jenna Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also inform your child’s homeroom teacher.
- Please stay tuned…
School Fees will be invoiced at a later date, details to follow.
Holiday Monday, September 5th is a holiday, school and daycare are closed.
The Daycare staff is excited to be working with your children this year, and Daycare is open on the first day of school. They are working hard to develop exciting programs this year. If you have any inquiries or need to contact the daycare, please call the school or email Anne Carbonneau at email@example.com. Anne will be sending important information specific to daycare soon.
The school will be accepting donations of recess equipment starting the first day of school. This is to accommodate the various interests of our students and help to provide a dynamic and innovative play experience during recess. Suggestions for donations: footballs, soccer balls, basketballs, hoola-hoops, chalk, Frisbees etc. If you have a donation, please drop the item(s) off at the front office.
Welcome Back BBQ, Meet the Staff, Governing Board and Annual General Assembly
September 7th, details to follow. We’re back in person!
Website Our school website has a lot of information about the school that you may find useful. Please visit at
Please feel free to contact the school should you have any questions or concerns. We want every child to have a positive start to the school year. On behalf of the staff at Eardley Elementary, we are all looking forward to seeing you soon.
École Primaire Eardley/Eardley Elementary