Good Morning Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you well. I have an important update for you today, please see below.
Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign
- Please find attached a letter from our Secretary General, George Singfield indicating the partnership between the health and education sectors for the vaccination of 12-17 year olds.
- Please note that as more information becomes available, it will be shared with our community.
- The education sector will help facilitate the roll-out of vaccinations; however, as with any vaccination the campaign is run solely by CISSSO – the health sector.
Region Moving Into the Orange Zone –
- Please find attached a letter from our Director General, Mike Dubeau detailing the new sanitary measures for the Orange Zone. These changes will come into effect on Monday, May 31st for WQSB Schools & Centres.
- What has
- Return of Secondary students (grade 9-11) to fulltime in person learning.
- Extra-curricular activities are now able to occur within stable class bubbles (no mixing of bubbles)
- Procedural masks are still mandatory for grades 1-6 on school grounds.
- Please find attached the Eardley 2021-2022 Calendar.
- Please note that important dates such as Family-Teacher Meetings, PD Days and Term Dates are subject to change based upon the impact of Covid-19
Professionals Strike Day – June 9th, 2021
- On Wednesday, June 9th, all Western Quebec Schools and Centres will be closed due to a strike action. The Professional Union (educational consultants, psychologists, speech and language pathologists etc.) will be striking on June 9th until 12:00pm. Due to this, the Western Quebec School Board will be closing all schools and centres.
How will this impact my child?
- The school and school daycare will be closed for the entire day on June 9th, 2021.
- ALL AM classes will be canceled.
- ALL PM classes will be held virtually.
- Eardley Elementary will be following our regular PM schedule for June 9th, 2021 – the schedule will be taught remotely through our Teams platform.
- Virtual classes will start at 12:10pm – i.e. right after our regularly scheduled lunch hour.
- Each parent/guardian will receive their June 9th PM virtual schedule by Friday, June 4th.
- PM Recess/Snack will be maintained within the virtual schedule.
- The virtual school day will end at 2:30pm – the same as any other day.
- All necessary materials for the virtual lessons will be sent home with each child on June 8th, 2021.
- Technology will not be lent out for the afternoon of June 9th. If your child does not have access to technology, a prepared supplementary package will be sent home on June 8th, 2021.
As always, I am available should you have any questions, comments or concerns. I continue to be incredibly impressed by our students’ ability to adapt, persevere and support one another as we navigate the end of an interesting year (to say the least).
Please take care and stay safe,