I hope this email finds you safe, well and remaining cool.
Due to weather alerts and extreme heat forecasted by Environment Canada for much of the province of Quebec, and considering the special sanitary circumstances of the current COVID-19 pandemic, all schools/centres in the Western Quebec School Board will switch to distance learning as per each school’s learning schedule for Monday, June 7 and Tuesday, June 8. This means that Eardley Elementary will be closed June 7th, 8th and 9th (professional strike day). The daycare will also be closed. We will resume in-person classes on Thursday, June 10th.
How Will This Impact My Child(ren)?
- Monday, June 7th
& Tuesday, June 8th –
- Access to a one hour (45 min for Kindergarten) virtual check in with your child’s homeroom teacher. This virtual check-in time will be communicated by your child’s homeroom teacher – link to be sent ASAP.
- Access to supplementary academic material – either virtual or paper copies sent home this afternoon.
- On Monday, you will receive an information email from your child’s homeroom teacher detailing the supplementary work available.
We will keep our plan for June 9th, 2021 (Professional Strike Day) status quo. Please see below.
- On Wednesday, June 9th, all Western Quebec Schools and Centres will be closed due to a strike action. The Professional Union (educational consultants, psychologists, speech and language pathologists etc.) will be striking on June 9th until 12:00pm. Due to this, the Western Quebec School Board will be closing all schools and centres.
How will this impact my child?
- The school and school daycare will be closed for the entire day on June 9th, 2021.
- ALL AM classes will be canceled.
- ALL PM classes will be held virtually.
- Eardley Elementary will be following our regular PM schedule for June 9th, 2021 – the schedule will be taught remotely through our Teams platform.
- Virtual classes will start at 12:10pm – i.e. right after our regularly scheduled lunch hour.
- Each parent/guardian will receive their June 9th PM virtual schedule by Friday, June 4th.
- PM Recess/Snack will be maintained within the virtual schedule.
- The virtual school day will end at 2:30pm – the same as any other day.
I want to thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate multiple changes and adaptations to the delivery of our educational services. We will continue to support your children, maintain community and focus on ending our school year with pride and smiles.
As always, I am available should you have any questions or concerns.