Good Evening Eardley Community,
I hope this all finds you safe and well after another unique holiday season. As you may be aware, Premier Legault announced new measures this evening that affects the return to school after the Winter Break. Please see below for the most up to date information I have.
- The schools, including Eardley Elementary will remain closed to in person learning until January 14th, 2022.
- In person classes are expected to resume on January 17th, 2022.
- January 6th, 2022 is a PD DAY to allow for the school to prepare technology needs and paper packages of supplementary work for online learning. Therefore, there is no school.
- A material pick-up will be organized for January 7th – please stay tuned for further details.
- As previously communicated, January 7th, 2022 will be virtual learning following the school’s regular schedule i.e. 7:55am – 2:30pm. Your child’s homeroom teacher will email you with the day’s schedule and expectations by January 6th, 2022.
- As of January 10th the school will be following our confinement schedule, which is a reduced online school day. Each homeroom teacher will send their confinement schedule by January 7th, 2022. Please note that each confinement schedule takes into account our school day’s regular breaks (i.e. AM/PM Recess and Lunch).
- Attendance for online learning will be taken daily.
- Confinement schedules and hours will be followed by all elementary schools across Quebec.
- Daycare services will be open
and accessible during the school closures.
- Daycare will be open from 7:00am – 5:00pm.
- If possible, the schools are asking for you to keep your children home to reduce risk and limit contacts.
- Priority will be given to essential service workers, proof of employment will be needed.
- If space is available, daycare services will be provided for regularly registered daycare students.
- Virtual classes will be honoured during daycare hours, we ask that you provide technology to allow for the daycare staff to facilitate online learning with your child(ren). The daycare will not be providing the technology.
- If you require daycare services please contact Anne Carbonneau at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you requested technology, you will be able to pick-up the technology from the school on January 6th between 10:00am and 12:00pm at the front office. Stephanie Lelievre and Hannah Patrick (SLelievre@wqsb.qc.ca and email@example.com) are your immediate contacts for all remote learning technological needs.
While we pivot and react to yet another set of adaptations, remember we are here to support you, your families and most importantly our students. As always, your health and well-being is the number one priority. Manage what you can and we will be here as a school community to support in the various ways we know how – maintaining connection and ensuring our students continue with their social, academic and developmental progress. Yes, we have been here before and we will continue to make your children smile and learn in true Eardley fashion.
As it stands, this is the most up to date information I have. Please stay tuned for further details and/or changes to the information shared above.
Here’s wishing you and your families health and joy for the New Year – I for one am looking forward to dodging any NYE celebrations and staying in my comfy clothes on my couch. Happy New Year!
Please stay safe and stay tuned,
École Primaire Eardley/Eardley Elementary