Good Afternoon Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you all well. I have a short update for you this afternoon, please see below.
- At home rapid testing kits have been delivered and distributed to each student.
- Attached is a helpful infographic that explain how to successfully administer a rapid test.
- As mentioned in our Welcome
Back Guide – Rapid Testing at school has been mandated by Public Health
and the Ministry of Education.
- Rapid Testing at school will still occur – consent from
parent/guardian is mandatory for rapid test to be administered.
- Please find the consent form attached. If you would
like to give permission, please fill out and return.
- Consent will be valid for the entirety of the 22-23 school year.
- Protocol will be as follows:
- Child displays symptoms
- Child assessed and sent to the office (no isolation room).
- Front office will call parent/guardian for pick-up & CONSENT for rapid testing (we will always confirm consent, even with the returned consent form on file).
- Child goes home (not siblings) and are monitored. If symptoms disappear, they may return the next school day. *Exception, your child must be fever free without the aid of medication for 24 hours*
- Please find the consent form attached. If you would like to give permission, please fill out and return.
- Rapid Testing at school will still occur – consent from parent/guardian is mandatory for rapid test to be administered.
Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Our school resource team has been working hard to send out all of our 2022-2023 IEPs.
- If your child has an IEP for the 22-23 school year, please expect an electronic copy to be sent for your approval/collaboration by September 9th, 2022.
- If you wish to discuss the draft IEP, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher
Welcome Back BBQ
Please see the attached flyer regarding our Welcome Back BBQ on September 14, 2022
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.
Wishing you all a lovely end to your Wednesday,