Good Morning Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you safe and well after the March Break. We have enjoyed welcoming back our students and hearing all about their adventures while away! I have a short but important update for you this morning, please see below.
Update on Sanitary Measures –
- Please find attached the communication regarding our updated mask mandate from Public Health and the Ministry of Education.
- What’s new?
- As of today, masks are no longer required for grades 1-6 while students are seated in class; students are still required to wear masks when moving around the classroom (i.e. not seated).
- Masks for grades 1-6 are still mandatory while students are not seated and moving around in common areas (i.e. hallways, bathrooms etc.).
- Masks are still mandatory during indoor physical education (grades 1-6) and on school busses (Preschool – grade 6).
- Procedural masks will continue to be provided for students.
Air Quality Data
- As you may know, the Ministry of Education has been conducting air quality tests in schools and service centres across the province of Quebec. Please refer to the attached memo from the Director General of the Western Quebec School Board, as it explains the process in detail and provides clarity to the steps taken.
As always, I remain available should you have any questions or concerns.
Wishing you all a lovely week ahead,
École Primaire Eardley/Eardley Elementary