Good Afternoon Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you safe and well. Further to the announcement made by Premier Legault yesterday evening, Eardley has organized the following plan for remote learning.
What Can I Expect?
- AM of Tuesday, April 6th will be used as an opportunity for the teachers to finalize their confinement schedules, prepare their communication to parent(s)/guardian(s) and ensure all necessary material is organized for the virtual classroom.
- By 12:00pm on Tuesday, April 6th all parent(s)/guardian(s) will receive communication from their child’s homeroom teacher. This communication will detail the virtual schedule and any other pertinent information for the days to come.
- During the afternoon of April 6th all homeroom classes will meet virtually to check-in after the long weekend, set expectations for virtual learning and explain what the next few days will look like.
Thursday and Friday will be remote learning within the virtual environment –
based upon the schedule sent by the homeroom teacher.
- We will be focusing on the core subjects
- Physical Education Class will be held once per homeroom
- Social Emotional Support will be available for each homeroom through our Special Education Technicians
- Academic Support will be available through “office hours” with our homeroom teachers & resource teachers each day
- Attendants who work with specific children will be contacting families each day as a means of check-in and to offer support
- Attendance will be taken each day. If your child is not present online, they will be marked absent within our system. If your child is absent for a particular reason, please notify Stephanie Lelievre @ SLelievre@wqsb.qc.ca . If we do not have a reason provided, please expect a phone call from Stephanie Lelievre.
- Our Teams Platform will be used for our virtual classrooms. Your child’s Western Quebec email and password will be needed for access. This has been shared many times; however, if you need it again please contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
Who Can I Contact for Support?
child’s homeroom teacher is your best option if you need help and support
during the school closure.
- Access to Teams platform
- Question about assigned work
- Question about academic or social-emotional support
- Challenges connecting to the Teams class
- Samantha Halpin is available at any time to address your concerns or questions. Please do not hesitate to contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 819-684-5995
- Stephanie Lelievre is still available and reachable at SLelievre@wqsb.qc.ca, she will also still receive school voicemails while working remotely
I want to take this opportunity to thank the Eardley Team for their professionalism, quick response and openness as we have navigated another closure. We are looking forward to meeting your children online!
While this upcoming Easter weekend may be reminiscent of last years, I wish you all happiness and health as we enter into another shut down.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns.