Good Morning Eardley Community,
I hope this email finds you well. I have a short update this morning regarding our upcoming Meet the Teacher and Annual General Assembly, please see below.
- Meet the Teacher –
- To ensure the safety and security of our staff and our parents/guardians, Meet the Teacher will be virtual this year and will take place on September 9th from 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
- All virtual links were to be sent to parent(s) and guardian(s) yesterday. If you did not receive a link, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher directly.
- A reminder that this is an initial meeting, if you have any questions or concerns pertaining to your specific child please contact the teacher directly to schedule an individual meeting for a later date.
- The purpose of the Meet the Teacher is to get general information about your child’s upcoming school year and ask any general questions you may have (i.e. how to contact, how many hours of a certain subject is taught etc.).
- Annual General Assembly (AGM) –
- Our AGM will also be virtual this year and take place on September 9th at 6:00pm.
- The AGM is held to elect the members of our Governing Board for the 2021-2022 school year. **The Governing Board is the governing body of the school which is comprised of parent representatives and staff representatives. We discuss items such as: budget, fundraisers, school success plans, community events etc.
- ** For the 2021-2022 school year we have TWO parent openings available for election. Each elected member serves two years.
- Additionally, we will also elect a Parent Committee representative from the Governing Board members. This representative will sit on a School Board Committee, which meets approximately 5 times a year. Furthermore, information regarding the SEAC (Special Education Advisory Committee) will be shared and the parent representative of a child with special needs (a child with an IEP) will be nominated to sit on the SEAC committee, which meets approximately 5 times a year.
- If you cannot attend the General Assembly and would like to put your name forth for nomination for the Governing Board, Parent Committee or SEAC you MUST contact Samantha Halpin and share your intent to run for election. You will be required to write a letter stating your intention and the reason why you should be nominated. This letter will be read by Samantha Halpin at the General Assembly during the appropriate election
- If you wish to attend the virtual AGM, please send Samantha Halpin an email stating your intent @ firstname.lastname@example.org and the password protected link will be shared with you via email.
- For more information regarding the Governing Board,
please see below –
- Operation: http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/en/teachers/administratif/governing-boards/frequently-asked-questions/governing-boards-of-a-school/operation/
As always, I am available should you have any questions or concerns.
Wishing you a great day ahead,